It’s a complete professional figure who possesses the skills necessary to design and create a fashion collection, above all thanks to the ability to translate his imagination into lines and colors.
It is the driving force of the team in which he or she works and provides the talent for creating innovative models and the market demands.
The Fashion Designer works with fashion brands, with those who develop and build tissues, with marketing experts, with pattern maker and tailors, with models who will wear his collection, with the persons responsible for the showroom and photographers .
In addition to intuition, creativity and precision, a Fashion Designer must know how to work in team, how to meet deadlines taking into account the quality & pricing standards of the company he works for.
Artistic & Technical at the same time, the Fashion Designer is able to oversee the all the different steps in the fashion world.
- Fashion Designers can work on their own creating their own brand, as a freelance consultant or employee of a style office at fashion houses.
- Designing collections with the support of a team or independently.
- He relates to the marketing manager, the production manager, designer, office prototyping, the quality manager and the purchasing department, coordinating the steps for proper realization of the product.
- Can work in companies that have either sartorial or industrial production
- For research and development institutes in the apparel industry, as a theater, film and television costume designer.
The main purpose of the course is to prepare professionals able to fully manage the entire production cycle, from idea conception to the concrete realization, through a personalized learning path.
The course embodies the programs of Fashion Illustration, Pattern Making and Tailoring.
EXAMS AND TESTS
Teachers will make tests every month by following the progress of the study plan, in order to check the walk of the students and help them in case of issues or backlogs about the study plan. At the end of the course, with a successful result, the student can take the final exam to get the professional qualify diploma as Fashion Designer.
An external board composed of professionals of the industry will examine the collections designed by the students. Once they present the work, the students will have to answer the examiners’ questions and eventually to objections as well, in order to show a certain self-confidence when covering the technical sheets subject; the students will illustrate the technical contents of their work and answer to objections by the examiners, showing their own professional maturity.
FASHION DESIGNER ( INTENSIVE COURSE – 2 YEARS )
The course sums up the Fashion Designer, Pattern Making and Tailoring study plans.
- Study of Anatomy
- Study of the silhouette
- History of Custom and Fashion 1
- History of Custom and Fashion 2
- The fashion in the 20th Century: study of one of the most important international stylists of the ‘900
- Color Theory
- Study of commodities 1: Fibers and Yarns
- Study of commodities 2: Fabrics and Materials
- Chromatic matches
- Decorations techniques
- Fashion Sketch
- Fashion Rendering Techniques
- Designing skills / graphic software
- Illustration / graphic presentation
- Fashion accessories
- Guide to the Modeling technique
- Study of the basic elements
- Study of the wearability
- Sartorial Model – Pret-à-Porter
- Sartorial Model – High Fashion
- Industrial Modeling techniques
- Sartorial Modeling techniques
- Placement on the fabric
- Sartorial Tailoring techniques
- Industrial Tailoring techniques
- Design techniques
- Technical data sheet
- Collections – Portfolio: M/W Pret-à-Porter, Evening. High Fashion, M/W
- Research methods
- Sociology – Fashion System
- Image Consulting
- Fashion Photography
- Photo Shooting
- Backstage – Runway Show
FULL TIME ATTENDANCE (8 hours):
9:00 am to 1:00 pm / 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Course duration: 2 years
Class duration: 8 hours
Weekly attendance: 5 classes
2019, 1st October
Registration fee: €2000
Course cost: €14250/year or
3 installments of €4750 /month
Final exam fee: €300
The prices include the educational material composed of templates and books.
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN WHILE PLACES LAST.